Spawn makes it easy to automate disposable copies of databases for your DevOps pipelines and your development environment. It uses a command line interface to create and manage those copies, and to make scripting and automation simple.
If you're new to Spawn, we'd recommend following the steps below.
- Download spawnctl
- Add the folder containing spawnctl to the path
- Run this
- Add spawnctl to your path
- Verify the CLI is installed by running
- Authenticate to the Spawn service
- Onboard to the Spawn service to create your account
Create a copy of the PostgreSQL Pagila demo database by running
The service returns the connection details for the database. Use any database client to connect to the database as usual.