Hello from the 🛸 Spawn 🛸 team!
Spawn is currently in open beta, and free to use. It takes less than fives minutes to get up and running. Click the link below to join our beta 👇
Martin Podlubny, Software Engineer on the Spawn team takes us through how to create a Spawn data image from a MySQL Server backup.
Changing production databases can be risky, and the earlier you can catch problems the better. Learn how to use Flyway, GitHub Actions and Spawn, a new solution that provides database copies on demand, to easily test database migrations. Instead of relying on last-minute staging environments, Grant and Santiago will show you how to quickly automate migration tests against a fully populated database.
- Rename existing data-containers using the
spawnctl update data-container
- Rename existing data-images using the
spawnctl update data-image
- We moved our authentication endpoint to auth.spawn.cc
- Bug fixes and improvements
- 🎥 Introduce "MySQL Backup" docs section (+ video)
- We are now supporting SQL Server 2019. For a complete list of versions supported by Spawn, please see our engine support page. Create data-images with MSSQL 2019 by specifying
version: 2019in your MSSQL source file.
- Improve overall reliability
- Upgrade the specs of our master nodes
- Increase the spec of k8s nodes that hold data-containers
- Improve our observability of the system